We administer assessments and therapy tailored to each child and family's specific, individual needs. We also take time to ensure that the correct underlying aspects are identified and addressed. Treatment focuses on strengths based approach.
SPOTS have experience in various aspects of the field of paediatrics:
- sensory processing
- general developmental delays
- gross and fine motor difficulties
- handwriting remediation (special interest)
- Ayres Sensory Integration (special interest)
- Neuro Developmental Treatment (special interest)
- Baby and toddler development (special interest)
We have a heart for under-achievers (children that struggle at school for seemingly no apparent or obvious reason) and also for children with trauma-based backgrounds.
We walk the extra mile to empower parents with knowledge and strategies in understanding and helping their child. As parents ourselves, we provide guidance and develop therapy and/or home programs to suit and support each family's routine and budget.
We provide a personal touch. We carefully discuss each new enquiry with the parents / guardians to ensure the appropriate service is rendered. You will not be disappointed by our commitment to help your child.
We value every child that crosses our path and appreciate the privilege to be part of each family's unique journey.
SPOTS has a dedicated sensory integration gym with specialised equipment and therapists trained and skilled to use it correctly to the benefit of the individual child and according to fidelity measures.
We attend current national and international professional development courses, workshops, congresses and mentoring programs of high standing to continue providing best practice care to each child.
- Ayres Sensory Integration
- Neuro Developmental Treatment
- Willbarger Thera-Pressure Protocols
- Sensory Diets
- M.O.R.E. (Motor Oral Respiration Eyes integration)
- Thera-pro Stimulation Programs
- Visual Perceptual Training Programs
- Developmental Programs
- Sensori-motor Skills Training Programs
- Advanced Assessment and Treatment for Praxis and Dyspraxia
- Reflex Integration
- The Alert Program
- The Zones of Regulation Program
- Interoception Curriculum
- JustRight! Self-regulation Program
- Environmental Adaptations
- And we are regularly updating and adding tools to our toolbox!